Everything you should know about the reasons of baldness and ways of its treatment
Hair Loss is rather a troublesome problem, which is the most common among men. According to unofficial data, 70% of the male population suffers from this problem since middle-age. Here you are offered to find out more about the causes of baldness in men and how to deal with them quickly and effectively. More about Hair Loss read more.
Male pattern baldness remains one of the most important issues of a number of complexes. That’s why you shouldn’t ignore this problem and start the course of treatment as soon as possible as the result will depend on how quickly you have reacted to the first signs of alopecia.
What are the main causes of male pattern baldness?
There are a lot of causes of baldness but most men experience two main causes: active work of hormones and heredity. Male hormones affect the hair follicle so that it gradually loses its ability to produce new hair and eventually dies. And if a man has a genetic predisposition to hair loss, baldness is almost inevitable. It is interesting that in 75% of cases hair loss is inherited through the maternal line, and only 20% – from his father. The remaining percent refers to people who are the first to experience baldness in their family.
In addition, the causes of male pattern baldness can be such as:
- Hormonal disorders;
- Metabolic disorders;
- Some diseases (Addison’s disease, Down’s syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus, etc.);
- Stress and poor diet,
- lack of vitamins.
Depending on the cause there are different types of alopecia (or baldness) distinguished.
Types of male pattern baldness (hair loss)
- Androgenetic alopecia: This type of alopecia accounts for 95% of the male population. This is exactly the type of hair loss, which is a result of the work of hormones and genes. Localization is on the parietal and frontal area. The process of baldness starts with hair thinning, then they become short like fluff and after some time completely disappear. According to the classification by Norwood-Hamilton, during the first two stages the hair begins to thin in the vicinity of the temples and forehead, forming a receding hairline. In the next stage hair loss area appears even on the crown. And on the seventh stage the main areas of hair loss are merged into one.
- Alopecia Areata: This type of baldness has recently been very rare hair loss option that today appears more and more often. On the head, face or other hairy parts of the body hair falls out.
- Scar alopecia: it occurs in 1-2% of cases, it is irreversible damage to the hair follicles and the formation of connective (scar) tissue. The cause may be various infections (bacterial, viral or fungal) that cause an inflammatory reaction around the follicles, resulting in connective tissue formed in this zone. With adequate and timely treatment of infections hair can be saved. A frequent cause of scar alopecia is physical trauma – thermal and chemical burns, wounds.
- Total alopecia: It is an extreme stage of alopecia areata, which occurs as a result of hair loss on the entire surface of the scalp. A variation of total alopecia areata is a universal or complete loss of hair on the whole body. Usually, it starts with a sharp copious hair loss that within 2-3 months can lead to complete baldness.
My HAIR LOSS story – how I fought it + hair growth tips
Is it possible to stop hair loss and how to do it?
Of course, if you just survived the stress and lost a bit of hair, then restore their active growth will be quite easy. But today we are talking about a more serious problem of male pattern baldness in which the hair becomes thinner and eventually disappear. Unfortunately, this process is irreversible and neither vitamins, special shampoos nor masks will be able to stop these problems of hair loss. However, fortunately, the solution of the problem of baldness is still there.
Modern medicine offers efficient drugs for hair loss treatment. It is recommended to have a treatment course, the results will be visible after 6-10 months. The course should be selected individually. Drug treatment is aimed only at maintaining and strengthening the existing hair and hair follicles. However, after the treatment hair loss can be resumed. One of the most effective drug for hair loss prevention is Propecia, which was the first revolutionary preparation that is still gaining much popularity. Currently, in Europe and in the United States Propecia has become one of the best selling drugs. However, you should remember that the drug helps only from androgenic alopecia.
Please note that if in areas of hair loss (place full of balding or thinning) hair does not grow more than 6 months, then any treatment will not bring any results in this area due to the fact that in these places hair follicles have already died.
Why are drugs against alopecia more effective than cosmetics?
There is no such a shampoo or mask, which can be as effective as medication against different types of alopecia. Everything is simple. Propecia and similar drugs, which have been designed with the aim to fight against the causes of hair loss have the stronger action directed at the reason of hair loss. According to the great number of studies, it was proved that drugs taken inside are able to give much more effective result than any cosmetics applied to the hair as such masks don’t treat the hair from inside the body and can’t affect the reason.
As for the drugs for hair loss like Propecia it has a directed action, which contains the active ingredient Finasteride. Its action is in binding the enzyme 5-alpha reductase type 2 promoting the transformation of testosterone in the culprit of alopecia – dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Finasteride, lowering the concentration of DHT in the body, prevents damage to the hair follicle, which leads to baldness prevention. Regardless of meals the daily recommended dose is one tablet. Medication should be taken regularly for three months or more before you notice that hair growth has increased and / or decreased its rate of loss. To achieve maximum results, treatment should be continued. If you stop taking the drug, you risk having the same hair loss problems during a year.